Residents of Savannah Midtown have the unique opportunity to be present at one of the largest and oldest Pride Parades in the United States. The Atlanta Pride Festival first marched down the streets of Midtown Atlanta in 1971 when the event was known as the Atlanta Gay Pride Festival. Today, a crowd of more than 300,000 visitors are expected to take part in the weeklong LGBT celebration meant to commemorate a gay/human rights protest that happened in 1969.
A Human Rights Celebration
Today, gay pride festivals are held annually in almost all major cities in the nation with the assistance of leading corporate and private sponsors. The weeklong festivities have grown from a rainbow-colored parade to a community-wide celebration held at multiple venues and times. Highlights of the Atlanta Pride Parade include:
- Official Kickoff Party will return to the Georgia Aquarium, and major entertainment at the Coca-Cola stage will include many local and national fan favorites
- Atlanta Pride Parade starts near the Civic Center MARTA Station and ends near the entrance of Piedmont Park in Midtown Atlanta
- Market space availability along the parade route and in Piedmont Park for vending opportunities
- Always stunning and spectacular — Miss Atlanta Pride Pageant to be held at the MidTown Tavern
Diverse Musical Entertainment
One of the major highlights of the Atlanta Pride Parade is the eclectic musical lineup scheduled throughout the event at three different stages — the Coca-Cola and Nissan Stages as well as a stage named for brand-new Atlanta Pride sponsor, Heineken. In addition to a queer variety show, DJs, drag performances and dance parties, both perennial favorites and new additions to suit a wide range of live music fans will perform:
- The red hot Bebe Rexha
- The Michel Jons Band
- Singer-songwriter, Mike Posner
- American Idol contestant, Ada Vox
- Universal-Island Recording Artist, Madison Beer
Savannah Midtown Apartments in Atlanta are located centrally to all of Atlanta Pride Parade's festivities and events. What better way to support our local business community and neighbors than to gather for fun, food, dancing and entertainment. While visiting the parade venue, stop by our hospitality and management office to get information on making Savannah Midtown your next home.